Kagzi Badam – Almonds with Shell
- Almonds are very popular tree nuts. Almonds are high in healthy monounsaturated fats, fiber, protein and various important nutrients.
- Almonds are high in antioxidants that can protect your cells from oxidative damage, a major contributor to aging and disease.
- Almonds are among the world’s best sources of vitamin E. Getting plenty of vitamin E from foods is linked to numerous health benefits.
- Almonds are extremely high in magnesium, a mineral that many people don’t get enough of. High magnesium intake may offer major improvements for metabolic syndrome and type 2 diabetes.
- Low magnesium levels are strongly linked to high blood pressure, indicating that almonds can help control blood pressure.
- Eating one or two handfuls of almonds per day can lead to mild reductions in “bad” LDL cholesterol, potentially reducing the risk of heart disease.
- Though almonds are high in calories, eating them doesn’t seem to promote weight gain. Some studies even suggest the opposite, showing that almonds can enhance weight loss.
- While nuts are low in carbs, they are high in protein and fiber. Studies show that eating almonds and other nuts can increase fullness and help you eat fewer calories.